Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Wow...where do the days go?

Jessica is getting a bunch more teeth. She now has 8 on bottom & 6 on top, 2 more ready to come in any day on top. She's done really well with it too. I've only given her Tylenol a few times for small fevers. She's not a picky eater and especially loves any kind of fruit. She is so cute and is a little sweetheart....but just like a shirt of hers "little girl BIG attitude". She definitely has a scowl for when she's not happy. Some of the words she says right now are (that we understand) puppy, Daddy, Mommy, Binky, No, Hello, Hi, Bye, Night-Night, Eat, Drink, Shoe, Banana, Ball, Fly, TV...... Of course she says them her way but I can understand them. She knows where her nose is and can blows a little when we say blow as we wipe it. When we say "Jessica, Guess What?" she'll say "What"...it's so stinkin cute!

Justin started preschool last Thursday. He loves it! He went again today....so Jessica and Mommy get 6 hours a week to do what girls want! hehe......Except of course when Josh and Jaren are off track. I take Josh and Jaren to school at 8:30 then go strait to Justin's preschool. He goes from 8:45 - 11:45 Tue & Thurs. They have a fun activity all set up when he arrives, so I say bye right before he gets to the door. He really likes singing time because I always hear about that first.

Jaren had fun at his party. He was so surprised when the inflatable slide was delivered Friday night. We didn't tell him!!! About 20 kids came....ages 3 - 10 but mostly 6. While he was eating pizza with his friends G-ma Tauna, G-pa Howard and Aunt Candice surprised him, they drove down from Idaho to see him on his B-Day! I probably should have had a couple games planned, but was running out of time, so I didn't plan any this year. The slide was a big hit so that was a good thing. I forgot to take a picture of Jaren's cake! It was so cute too! After the party Jaren told me he wanted me to get the Hostess Zingers for his Party like we did for his school class! I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted to, someone kept needing something. Only a few remembered to wear sunblock, so I was busy putting that on the kids. I needed to get more on Justin though because he ended up getting a little sunburn.

Josh's teacher actually called last week, to tell me that he wasn't doing the worksheets they were working on that day. And when she took away his recess so he could finish, he said he didn't want to go to recess. So then she said she would take away something he likes, like PE and made him go to recess.............didn't make sense to me. Then a different teacher found him in the hall way and brought him back to class. She asked if I had ever had him tested for Attention Deficit!!! What! Are you kidding me! He can be stubborn at times, but what kid isn't. So we talked after school and he said he was mad but couldn't remember why. And that it was too hot at the last recess so he didn't want to go out. I asked if anyone was bothering him or being mean at recess, and he said no. So I just told him to do his best at school, pay attention, listen to his teacher, if it's hot outside, find shade under a tree (recess only lasts 15 min) and that I love him and he can talk to me about anything. I should ask him how things are going in the morning. Oh, Josh learned how to blow a bubble with his gum this past week!

I now have a 7, 6, 3 & 1 year old. Jess will be 18 months and Josh 7 1/2 next month. Jessica and I went to a few stores today, didn't buy anything just looked...then we went to get a pedicure, I did...she watched. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like lots of fun!