Friday, June 29, 2007

My Friend, Jenna


A picture of her and her family taken a few weeks ago.

A friend of mine from Tennessee died Wednesday morning, June 27, 2007. Her name was Jenna. She just turned 35 years old, had been married for 11 years and had 3 children Ashlee(7), Kaitlin (5 in July), and Jacob (1). She was also 21 weeks pregnant with a baby boy, William.

She found out last fall she had Acute Myeloid Leukemia and spent most of that fall in the hospital undergoing Chemo. (She also had Non Hodgkins Lymphoma when she was 14) She was released the first of December thinking she was cured and wanted to get on with her life. A few months later she found out she was pregnant with William, which was a miracle from just having had chemo. Then a few months ago found out her Leukemia was back. The doctors advised her to terminate the pregnancy, she wouldn't even consider it. She chose another treatment plan that included chemotherapy during pregnancy with a bone marrow transplant after the birth of Will. She was able to go on a cruise with her husband a little over a month ago and went to the beach with her family last week. She went to the hospital Sunday night(a day early)because she had pulled the muscles in her leg really bad while at the beach. She had a terrible headache Tuesday night and they did a CAT scan and found bleeding on the outside of her brain. She was able to see her Mom and 2 daughters earlier that evening, her son couldn't come because he is under 2. She was only at the hospital for 2 days and 3 nights.

As I had told her before she inspired me. She was happy, fun, outgoing, energetic, and that rubbed off on everyone she was with. She honestly had the most friends of any person I know. She invited me to be in her Moms & Kids Group that she organized. I miss the times we were together either at a playgroup, Mother's night out or Playing Bunco. Our family's even went to a Christmas Parade together. She's the person I want to be. Her family meant everything to her. She was an Awesome Mom. She has always lived every day to it's fullest. She never gave up, though she had so many times she could have. She touched my life in a big way....I wish I had known her better. I will miss you greatly, as will everyone you knew.

*I wish my home computer was working so I could get more pictures of her.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Big hugs Tara, We will miss her.