Friday, January 4, 2008

Family Vacation!!!

A week from now we will be on our way to Driggs, ID . . . for a whole week! Who cares if it's not that far away and the population is only 1300. That's actually a plus! We plan on going to Jackson Hole one day, rent a snow machine another day and take the older two tubing at Grand Targhee. We're going to the Open House at the Temple where we grew up too. We'll be in a two bedroom Condo, if anyone wants to come....you're more than welcome to!

About a year and a half ago we signed up for some Vacation Club. Why, we don't know....we clearly weren't thinking! We haven't used it at all. I occasionally check their website to see what they have. Normally it's nothing good. When I last checked, I saw one to Driggs, but the week they had it for wouldn't really work. I decided I would call the next day to see if they had a different week. (When the kids are off track) So...the next day when I called them, the lady said they did have the week I wanted and that I still had a free week and all I had to pay was the $65 cleaning fee!!! I thought we were going to get it for $399. That's better than going through the Condo where I would have to pay $1050 for it. So even though signing up for the Vacation Club was not a smart idea, it worked for this. :) I guess a couple more of these and it will pay for itself.

2 comments:

Candice said...

cool!! That sounds like fun. Play in the snow for me!

Conder's Castle said...

I wanna come!!! Make sure to take lots of pics of my babies so I can see them play in the snow!! If it is nice, maybe we should go there for Christmas next year....you know, get a couple condos, and the whole fam-damily. Check it out. Love you, and have tons of fun.