Sunday, September 9, 2007

Our Anniversary was today!

We just got back from our weekend vacation! We left Friday night to take the kids to G-ma & G-pa's for the weekend...THANKYOU!!! It's only a 3 hour drive, but was about Midnight when we arrived. The kids slept most of the way there. We took there things in the house, tucked the kids in bed........traded cars and left. We stayed at a hotel for the night. The next day we headed to Ogden Canyon to stay at Alaskan Inn......little cabins.(Pictures Below) On our way there we had Olive Garden for Lunch then Maddox Ranch House for dinner and had prime rib. Then on Sunday headed over to Snowbasin to ride the Gondola and take a little hike. After that we stopped at the Mall before meeting Matt's parents half way to get the kids. They had fun with G-ma & G-pa and were in good hands. It was great to get away by ourselves! A little weird, but fun. :) We have been married 8 years!
They have 11 Cabins to choose from.
It's pretty!

My man and I!In the Gondola, way down there is the parking lot. Looking NELooking SW

5 comments:

Candice said...

Congrats on your anniversary! I love the Alaskan Inn. Makes me miss Utah even more. Oh...Chris and I were just talking about Maddox last weekend. Yum! I'm so jealous!!!! Glad you had a great weekend!

chandra said...

Happy Anniversary and Congrats on 8 years!!! How awesome that you had a weekend away, is that the first time since you've had kids? Much deserved time together! Love the pictures of you guys and the cabins look awesome. Glad you had a good weekend!

Miss you, girl!

Tara said...

Candice...I love that you know what I'm talking about! hehe

Chandra...Thanks! It's our second time away. For our 6th Anniversary, right after we moved here, G-ma & G-pa watched the boys for a night and we went to the Black Swan Inn, it has a bunch of themed suites to choose from and we went to the fair! We went to the fair when we were married too. :)

Tara said...

For our honeymoon....We were married on a Thursday. We actually picked out Sept. 10th..a Friday, and his mom said you know if you do it a day earlier your date will be 9-9-99. So that's what we did! We graduated from H.S. in May just a few months earlier. We were both only 18 1/2. After our wedding and reception we headed over to a Hotel...which happened to be right next to the Restaurant I worked at since I was 16. He actually worked there part time for 6 months or so too. He got the Honeymoon Suite and my sister and his sister had been to our room right before us and set up candles and a few other things. :) When we went to check in the girl at the counter we went to H.S. with and my Manager found out we were going to stay there and got us a deal on the room so we only paid 50 bucks, not the normal $200. Plus Matt's Dad gave him his Credit Card for the room. The next day we went to his parents house and opened our presents from the reception then went to the fair about 45 min away. At the fair we had our pictures drawn by a Cartoonist, she drew us in a wedding dress and Tux...I had one done when I was 16 too. Next year I want to take the kids to have theirs done! The day after was a Sunday and we just hung out at our apartment then Monday we went back to work.....

sssmile14 said...

Fun, fun!